Friday, May 11, 2012

A Walk on the Wilde Side: Leopard Print

Here's Part 3 of my African Safari!

Today we're going to be looking at the Leopard and it's spots! Now there's a difference between leopard print and cheetah print. Leopards have larger spots that are more spaced out, cheetahs have smaller spots and their more concentrated! I find the leopard print is easier to do because you don't have to be so precise with the spots.

Here we go!

Step 1:

Paint your nails a pale yellow colour... As you can see I forgot to take a picture of the colour I used. I used a pale yellow colour by Borghese, which doesn't have a name. Who doesn't name their nail polish colours?

Step 2:
Next take a gold colour nail polish. It could be a dark gold or a light one. I used Misa Nail Art: Gold rush. With the gold polish paint spots on your nail. They don't have to be uniform in any way. They can be large, small, fat, skinny. You choose! The more diverse the spots, the more real it looks.

Step 3:




After you've painted the dots on your fingers take a black nail polish, I used stripe rite in black, and draw small semi circles around the outside of each spot. They should be as messy as you can make them!

It helps to also look at photos of leopard spots while you paint your nails. Looking at what they should look like really helps you to recreate them on your nails!

I hope you all are enjoying our wild ride on this African Safari!  I've still got two more days of animal posts for you guys so keep coming back!

Lots of love,

Mackenzie xox




No comments:

Post a Comment