Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A Walk on the Wild Side: Zebra Print

So here's my FIRST of FIVE posts! I decided to do a whole "wild animal" theme for the week :)

Up first is the Zebra.

This is the easiest of the five nails that I'm going to show you.

To start off make sure you always put on a base coat! I use OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat.

Step 1:




Choose a white nail polish for the base colour. I chose OPI's Alpine snow. I find this is the best white nail polish that I've used. It goes on in two coats and it's not streaky.

Step 2:



Take a black nail art polish and draw a stripe or two on your nail. It doesn't matter how good it looks because you'll be able to draw more around it. Try to do this with a steady hand because it's hard to get the black off the white if you mess up.

Step 3:



Add more stripes on the nail. Vary from small and large, thick and thin. Remember no zebra has the same stripes! So you should change it up nail to nail.

Make sure you seal in the stripes with a top coat or else the black will scratch off.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

Lots of love,

Mackenzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment