Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Walk on the Wild Side: Fish Scales

We've come to the final part of our African Safari.

This last post, is about how to draw fish scales on your nails! Now I know that fish don't really live in Africa... but they're still cool none the less!

Step 1:
Choose your palet of colours. For this one I choose to use blues and greens. Now, you're going to want to use atleast 6 different colours if not more for your fish scales or else you'll have colours over lapping and it won't look as good!

Step 2:




Start at the tip of your nail. Draw dots slightly overlapping each other, using different colours. Make sure you don't touch the same colours together.

Step 3:



Continue building up the different coloured dots. Each row of dots should slightly overlap the row below it.

Step 4:



Finish off the nail with your last row of dots at your cuticle. Add your favourite top coat and you're done!

Fish scales are probably one of the easiest nails to do, they just take a lot longer because of each individual dot.




And there you have it! Our African safari is complete and hopefully you all have completely WILD nails!

Thanks for sticking with me these 5 days!

Lots of Love,

Mackenzie xox

2 comments:

  1. hello! I love love love your blog and your nail designs! I'm gonna try the one where you put newspaper on your nails tonight when I get home. I saw something like that on Pinterest and kept intending to try but kept forgetting til I saw yours. I love the fact that you used Garfield! I can't wait to see more designs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That means a ton :) I hope your news paper nails work out, they're so awesome and they'll get you TONS of compliments!

    Lots of Love,
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete