Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunflowers

Hey guys! I'm so sorry about not posting lately, I'm kinda in a nail rut :/ With everyone giving me ideas, it's really just getting off my butt to do them! This is a request from my wonderful bestie Laura!

I started off with one of my newest colours Sinful Colours Pink Forever. This definitely has to be my new favourite pink. It's bright, girly and oh so perfect.


To start the petals of the sunflower I took OPI The "It" Colour and a toothpick. Sunflowers are huge flowers with giant petals, so you don't have to worry about  being delicate or careful. Plus you're going to be adding another colour on top!


I decided to create definition between the rows of petals by using two different yellows. The next colour I used was NYC Lexington Yellow.


Finishing off the petals, I added two more rows, one of each colour. Now your nails might start looking a little messy, but I promise the finished product looks great!


For the center of the sunflower I started off with OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle. For this I used a q-tip to apply the colour onto my nails.


To finish off I added detail of Essie Sand Tropez and Stripe Rite black. Sealed it with a top coat and voila! You've got yourself some sunflower fingers :)


I promise I'll have more posts up soon! With thanksgiving, halloween and christmas around the corner there will definitely be a lot of themed posts. But don't forget I'm always taking requests.

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love,
Mackenzie xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment