Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tie-dye

I bet you all remember that one tie-dye shirt that you wore almost everyday when you were younger... no? Oh, I guess that's just me then.

This is the shirt that I wore at least once a week, for the good part of 4 years.
Classic, isn't it?

Well, I decided that I would class up tie-dye and put it on my nails!

What you'll need:
Plastic Bags
OPI Alpine Snow
China Glaze Purple Panic
China Glaze Shocking Pink
OPI Fly
OPI The "It" Colour




I started off with a base of OPI Alpine Snow.




Next, I took the rest of the colours and dotted them onto my nail. It doesn't matter where or how much you put on, but you wanna make sure you just slap on all the colours.




After you've dotted your nails, take the plastic bag and roll it onto the nail. The goal of this is to smush all the colours together to create the tie-dye effect!



After you've smushed all the colours together, your nails are going to look pretty messy. It's almost as messy as water marbling, but without the water and everything else. You can see on the bag in the background the colours after you've smushed them.



To finish off, clean up your nails and add your favourite top coat, and VOILA! You've got your tie-dye nails. Feel free to use any colours you want, I chose my neons because it's summer!



Thanks for reading!

Lots of Love,
Mackenzie xox

2 comments:

  1. it looks soo cool :) I will try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tie-dye one SO much!!! You give out great advice! I'll have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete