Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Ombre (attempt #1)

So the big fad on the internet right now for nails is the "ombre" effect. As one of my very first posts you guys saw, I'm pretty good with doing the sparkle ombre. But when it comes to doing ombre with colour, I'm a bit on the amateur side. This is my first try with colour ombre. Here are the colours I used:

OPI The "It" Colour/China Glaze Sun Worshiper
OPI In my Back Pocket/OPI Big Apple Red
Essie Mezmerised/OPI Fly
OPI Gargantuan Green Grape/Sinful Colours Rise and Shine
Essie Lilacism/Gosh Wild Lilac

To start, I put the base colour (the first colour in each pairing) on my entire nail. This helps with the ombre.





I'll demonstrate with the blue nail to show you guys how I did the ombre. I figured I should start with this nail because the colours were the most similar. I took a make up sponge and dipped it in a tiny, tiny bit of OPI fly. Then I dabbed it on lightly from the middle of the nail to the tip. *** You want to make sure your nails are completely dry for this because if not, they sponge will take off all the colour! *** I continued dipping and dabbing until the colour faded up to the tip of the nail.



I continued with this technique on all my nails. This is the first time I've done colour ombre so they look a little crazy!



Because this was my first time, I decided to hide a little bit of the mess with zebra stripes!



And there you have it! Finish off with your favourite top coat, do a bit of damage control around the outside of your nails and voila! You've got your ombre nails!

Lots of love,
Mackenzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment