Friday, July 06, 2012

Butterfly Wings

First off I'd like to thank you all for being the best people ever! You guys helped me hit 2000 views in a little over 2 months! Who's the best? YOU GUYS. With that being said, here's a post to celebrate! 

I decided to do something a little more fun for this post! I've seen around the internet different takes on butterfly wings, so I decided to do my own!

The colours I used:

Misa Ready, Set, Sun
China Glaze Sun Worshiper
Stripe Rite in Black
OPI Alpine Snow

To start off I painted my nails a base colour of Misa Ready, Set, Sun. Before I put it on though, I added a bottom coat of OPI Alpine snow. This helped the colour pop, and made it so I didn't have to add 5-6 coats of the orange. You should do this with all your neon colours.





Next I took China Glaze Sun Worshiper, which is probably the brightest nail polish I've ever seen. I took my make up sponge and dabbed it onto the nail, starting from the corner going out, to create an ombre look. Now this doesn't have to be the prettiest ombre, you'll be covering it up soon!




After my colours are on my nail, I took my black Stripe Rite nail art polish and started to draw the designs of the wings. I started with two semi circles going across my nail, slightly angled. Then I drew on the small holes in the middle to create the wing effect. After you have the outline, just fill it in!




And to finish off I added small white dots of OPI Alpine Snow with a toothpick.




With a little bit of cleaning up around the edges and a sweep of my OPI Top Coat, it's done! Shiny, butterfly nails!




Now you don't have to use orange/yellow like I did. Butterflies come in the craziest colours, so get inventive!

Thanks for reading :)

Lots of love,
Mackenzie xox

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! The level of detail is very nice. You should do a tutorial how to do a french pedicure.

    ReplyDelete