Monday, June 04, 2012

Sour Watermelons

Hoping that the weather will warm up again, here's a DIY of how to do watermelons on your nails! Nothing says summer like a big juicy watermelon.

First I started off with a base colour of OPI You're a Pisa Work. It's the perfect pink for this.





Next I added OPI Alpine Snow to the tips of my nails. Apply this as you would apply a french manicure. As you can see this is starting to get messy. So make sure you have a good supply of q-tips and nail polish remover for when you're finished!




After adding the white, I used my Revlon Garden nail polish. I added this on top of the white, but made sure a little bit of the white was still showing (this is the rind of the watermelon).




After the green is added I took a dark green, Misa Nail Art Show me the greens, and added small lines on to the tips of my nails. This made my tips look like the outside of a watermelon.




And finally you want to end with your seeds! I used my Stripe Right nail art brush in black to add small dots to add the seeds to my watermelons.




To finish it off add your favourite top coat and voila! Perfect watermelons for that hot summer day.



Thanks for reading! Hope you find this helpful, I want to see all your nails too!

Lots of love,

Mackenzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment