Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pretty in Pastels

These nails are perfect for a romantic night out, or a long stroll through the park on a sunny day! Make sure you've got a pile of tooth picks handy, you're going to need them for this!

For the base colour I used Revlon 320 Jaded. This is the perfect mint green I think. It's not too light, but looks perfect!





Next I used my Stripe Rite White nail art polish brush to add strips and polka dots. To make the polka dots, I used a tooth pick. You're going to be using a lot of tooth picks from here out!




Now starting with another tooth pick, I used OPI You're a Pisa Work to start making the roses. They don't have to be perfect what so ever. Draw small petal shapes in little bunches. Be as messy as you want with these. No flower is the same so just have fun!




These flowers have three layers to them. The second is Tip Toe Nail Polish Shot of Love. Continue doing the same dotting techniques for this colour. You want to fill in all the empty spots on your flowers with this colour. You're now starting to see the roses come to life!




The last colour I used for the roses is OPI Panda-monium Pink. Use this colour sparingly, it's main use is to highlight the rose.




And you want to finish off your roses with leaves of course! For these I used two colours. The first is Misa Nail Art Show me the Greens. Using another tooth pick, draw small leaves around the flowers. I also drew a stem on the big one.




To add definition to the leaves I used Revlon Garden. Use this colour sparingly as well. Just add small dots to the leaves.



Finish off with a top coat and you're done! These nails were really fun to do and I got a ton of compliments on them! They don't take a lot of practice because your flowers will look good no matter what!




Thanks for reading! 
Lots of Love,
Mackenzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment