Sunday, March 11, 2012

News Paper Nails

I know I haven't posted anything in a while but here's a good one!

Recently I've seen girls with print on their nails. I've been wondering how they did it!

WELL! I've figured it out, and I'm going to share it with you guys!





How to: News paper nails

Step 1: find a news paper and cut out sections you want. It could just be print or you can choose images, or you can even choose comics like you can see on my thumb in the picture above.

Step 2: Paint your nails either a white, light grey or light pink colour. You don't want to use a dark colour because the news paper won't show up on the nail.
          *TIP: I find that OPI works best. My friend Justine used Sally Hansen and it didn't work as well   as OPI did.

Step 3: Wait for your nails to dry completely. If your nail is wet, it won't work! I would wait atleast 30-45min after you've painted your nails.

Step 4: Grab some rubbing alcohol. Not peroxide, not nail polish remover or anything else. It MUST be rubbing alcohol. Pour the rubbing alcohol into a small container (I just used the lid).

Step 5: Take your nail and dip it into the rubbing alcohol for 5-7 seconds.

Step 6: Take your nail out of the alcohol and apply the news print. Apply pressure to the print for 10-15 seconds to transfer the ink to your nails.

Step 7: Finish off with a top coat to seal in the design and make your nails nice and shiny!




You don't have to just use news print! As you can see I chose a Garfield comic for my middle finger. Archie comics are also good for this! Anything that has printed pictures and words on a newsprint paper works!

I hope you guys enjoy your news print nails!

Lots of Love,

Mackenzie

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I love it! Seems simple enough. Its like a nail tatoo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It really is, you just got to make sure the nail is completely dry before you add the newspaper transfer :)

    ReplyDelete