Sunday, March 18, 2012

May the odds be EVER in your favor.

With only 4 days till the reaping, I decided to give my nails a little hunger games flare :)

To start off, I painted my nails black. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Black out.

On my thumb, I chose to go with the legendary mockingjay pin that Katniss wears in the arena. I started off by using my Misa Nail art in Gold Rush. I drew a small circle on my nails.





I then (with extreme caution, and the most steady hand ever) drew the mockingjay and the arrow. I looked up an image on the internet and just covered the basics. The head, body, tail and arms. Once I got that right I added the small line for the arrow.

To accent the arrow and the wings I added gold sparkles with my Misa Nail art in Viva Las Vegas. I only added the sparkles to the arrow and the wings so I didn't over do the rest of the pin!




I then added the number twelve in gold (Misa Nail art in Gold Rush) to my ring finger. This represents the district that Katniss and the beautiful Peeta came from. I later added gold sparkles (Misa Nail are in Viva Las Vegas) over the number to make it pop.




Finally I added flames to the rest of my nails to represent "The Girl on Fire". I used Misa Nail Art in Crazy banana, OPI In my Back Pocket, and Misa Nail art in Sexy Back. I alternated the yellow, orange and red to mimic flames on my fingers.




VOILA! Just add a top coat and you've got the perfect hunger games nails for the midnight premiere :)

Thanks for reading, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Lots of love,

Mackenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment