Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Peanuts

First of all, Happy 2013! Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years! To start off the new year, why not do a post about one of the most famous comics! Peanuts!

For the base colours I used Sally Hansen Pacific Blue on my thumb, China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le on my ring finger and OPI The "It" Colour on the rest of my nails.




Next I used Misa Nail Art Point of No Return to outline all my designs. For Snoopy, I started with the shape of his head and then added his ear and neck. For Woodstock I started off with his nose and first flick of hair, the rest was super easy after that. Snoopy's doghouse was also pretty simple, just a few lines. And then the stripe on Charlie Browns shirt was just a chevron pattern, I did them free hand but you can use tape if you'd like!



And to finish it off I added colour to bring them to life! I used Misa Nail art Going Co-co Nut for snoopy, Misa Nail art Crazy Hanana to define woodstock. Then used Misa Nail Art Sexy Back for the dog house!



For these I copied pictures of the characters I saw on the internet. Photos are a great way to do nail art. It's like one of those "copy the photo" with the grids you used to do when you were younger! except there's no grid... and it's a lot easier to mess up. But who cares! As long as you take your time, you'll be a pro before you know it!

Thanks for reading,
Lots of love,
Mackenzie xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment