Thursday, November 08, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, today's my birthday!!! I've now left my teen years, and I'm off to adventure through my 20's. And what was the first thing I did this morning? My nails of course! I decided to put some cupcakes on my nails for today's festivities (which included work and dinner...)!

I started off with a base colour of Essie Sand and Tropez.
Next I did the base of the cupcake. For this I used different colours, then added stripes to them. For the base I used: Icing Jaguar, Essence Lime Up!, Essie Mesmorized, OPI The "It" colour and China Glaze Shocking Pink.
For the stripes I used: Revlon Golden, Misa Nail Art Show Me the Greens, Misa Nail Art What a Wonderful Day, Misa Nail Art Crazy Banana, Misa Nail Art Sexy Back.

For the icing I used Revlon Jaded, Sally Hansen Myth, Sally Hansen White Out, Essie Lillacism, and OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle.
For the icing, I just drew little clouds on top of the bases. Don't worry about getting the nail polish on the base because it just looks like the icing is dripping off! (yum, icing!) I also added sprinkles on top... who doesn't LOVE sprinkles!

And finally, for the finishing touches, I added candles! To bring the candles to life I used Stripe Rite Silver Sparkles to make it shine, and added a gem to the top to make it look like it's on fire!
 There you go! The best birthday nails! These are even cuter in person.

Thank you for reading everyone! This blog means a lot to me and it couldn't happen with all my viewrs!

Lots of love,
Mackenzie xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment